The Feasibility Study is intended to document conditions existing within the proposed Community Redevelopment Area that indicate the presence of “blight”.
A summary of blight conditions within the Lynn Haven CRA area has been published in the “CRA Feasibility Study for the City of Lynn Haven”, April 2003:
• Predominance of defective or inadequate street layout, parking facilities, and roadways.
• Faulty lot layout in relation to size, adequacy, accessibility, or usefulness.
• Deterioration of site or other improvements.
• Inadequate and outdated building density patterns.
• Assessed values of real property for ad valorem tax purposes are low compared to Lynn Haven as a whole and compared to other surrounding municipalities and Bay County.
As a first step of the process, the City has to prepare a CRA Feasibility Study (link) to evaluate the potential for including a portion of the City in a Community Redevelopment Area pursuant to Section 163, Florida Statutes.