Lynn Haven, located in Northwest Florida, presents a vibrant business environment across a variety of retail, commercial and industrial activity. The residents and workforce of Lynn Haven, Florida provide high-quality markets for many types of entrepreneurial businesses and industrial concerns. The following snapshot is a look at demographics and statistics within the City of Lynn Haven.
Lynn Haven is located in Northwest Florida and stretches beyond the city’s boundaries, extending approximately 100 miles to the east and west and 50 miles to the north.
Lynn Haven, Florida is part of a collaborative community that wants to see everyone in the region succeed. The City currently partners with the following organizations to grow business and industry in Northwest Florida:
- The Lynn Haven Community Redevelopment Agency (CRA) is dedicated to the preservation and revitalization of downtown Lynn Haven. It is committed to the economic development of the Main Street area, the cooperation and leadership of the local downtown businesses, and the continued improvement of the historic character of the area. Lynn Haven CRA is a key motivator in turning our historic downtown into a vibrant, walkable corridor accented with many innovative restaurants and original shops and boutiques.
- Bay County Chamber of Commerce has a mission
to promote the industrial and economic growth of the region while partnering with and supporting local military installations. Through extensive relationships, the Chamber works to create a healthy environment in which businesses can grow and prosper.
- Bay County Economic Development Alliance (Bay EDA) is dedicated to matching your company’s or client’s needs with the assets in our vibrant business community. Bay EDA is equipped to lead businesses from the research phase of a search to the completion of a company’s move to one of the most vibrant regions in the country.
- Florida’s Great Northwest is a one-stop shop for company representatives, site location consultants, and real estate brokers researching the region as a potential business location. FGNW can assist with all aspects of new business and expansion.
- The West Florida Regional Planning Council (WFRPC) is a multi-purpose entity recognized by the state. The WFRPC supports northwest Florida by planning for and coordinating intergovernmental solutions to growth-related problems, providing technical assistance to local governments, and meeting the needs of the municipalities in our seven-county region:
- Santa Rosa
The Haas Center is a research and consulting arm of the University of West Florida's Division of Research and Strategic Innovation. The Center specializes in industry and market research, survey research, data analytics and strategic planning. It has played a prominent role in economic development efforts across the Northwest Florida Region and around the state for nearly 25 years.
Companies choose to relocate to Lynn Haven and Northwest Florida because of the pro-business attitude of the leadership, the quality workforce, and last but not least the quality of life in our area.
Lynn Haven employers have the benefit of being located near to two Military Bases. This talent pool is fed by programs in engineering, nursing, business and marketing, and many other concentrations at Florida State University Panama City, Gulf Coast State College, and Haney Technical Center. These three institutions contribute to the quality workforce with students who graduate with the skills necessary for entry-level positions in engineering, business management, health care, welding, certified aviation maintenance, and HVAC maintenance and operation.
Major employers in the area include:
|Employer||Industry Type||Number of Employees|
|Tyndall Air Force Base||Military||6,416|
|Naval Support Activity-Panama City||Military||3,300|
|Bay District Schools||Government||3,000|
|General Dynamics Information Technology (IT)||Health Care Services||2,300|
|Bay Medical Center||Medical Facility||1,800|
|Wal-Mart and Sam's Club||Department/Retail||1,500|
|Bay County Board of Commissioners||Government||1,214|
|Gulf Coast Medical Center||Medical Facility||631|
|Gulf Coast State College||Education||400|
|Ingersoll Rand/Trane||Air Conditioning||700|
|Gulf Power Company||Power Company||140|
|Tyndall Federal Credit Union||Credit Union||200|
|Berg Steel Pipe Corp.||Manufacturing||405|
|City of Lynn Haven||Government||156|
|Jensen USA, Inc.||Manufacturing||150|