Garbage & Trash
Only containers furnished by the City of Lynn Haven will be acceptable. Your personal garbage can will not be serviced. The City currently has a fully automated system and any items outside of the City trash can will not be picked up. If you need an additional trash container you may call 850-265-5989. There is a $3.16 charge per month for an extra container, and the fee will be added to your water bill.
Your garbage container should be placed no more than 2 feet from the edge of the road and be out for pick-up no earlier than 6 p.m. the day before collection and no later than 6 .a.m the day of collection. Containers are to be removed from the street after pick-up no later than 9am the following morning.
There are only two days a year the garbage truck does not run on schedule: Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day. Garbage pickup for Thanksgiving Day will be the following Saturday. Please call the Sanitation Department at 850-265-5989 for information on Christmas day pickup. Any other holiday is just another day in sanitation. When in doubt, put it out. View the garbage route map (PDF) for more information.
If you want to recycle, a Bay County recycling center is located near the Lynn Haven Rec Complex. Here is the link to the facility and information about the materials accepted.
We offer a service to assist you in ridding yourself of those "hard to get rid of" items. Do you have an old couch or mattress, perhaps an old appliance? Call 850-265-5989 to arrange a "Special Pick Up" to meet your needs. Items not picked up by the City are:
- Appliances containing Freon (unless documentation is shown where Freon has been removed)
- Hazardous materials
- Refuse created by a private contractor
- Tires with rims
A fee will apply for special services depending on your needs. The fee can be added to your next month's water bill. To cut your cost, please keep items separated.
The City provides for the weekly removal of yard trash as a courtesy service. Trash is considered to be vegetative matter consisting of limbs, leaves, pine straw and yard clippings. This does not however, consist of tree removal.
Things to Remember
The following is a list of important things to remember when it comes to this service:
- Tree limbs must be less than 4 inches in diameter and 4'(feet) in length.
- Trash is to be placed on the right-of-way for pickup. Please keep in mind that to prevent your trash not being picked up. you should not place said trash in the following areas:
- Covering any utility boxes
- Covering any utility lines
- Ditch or storm water system
- Mail boxes
- Next to utility poles
- Under low utility lines
- Under tree limbs
- Yard debris should be piled or in disposable bags; never placed in any sort of garbage container; yours or the City's.
- Only yard debris shall be placed at curb-side unless other arrangements have been made with the City of Lynn Haven's Department of Public Works.
- Trash should always be placed on the right-of-way adjacent to your property. It is against the law to place it anywhere else.
- all trash should be placed in one pile no larger than 2 cubic yards (per city Ordinance CD54:7, SEC. 54-30.) versus many piles along your property line.
- Trash, unlike, garbage will not be picked up on any City observed holiday.
View the trash route map (PDF) for more information.